08 Jan 2013 4 Comments
I was checking through some of the blogs that were recommended by my blogger buddies, and stumbled upon Checkout 51 by accident. They basically have a list of products every week, and if you purchase any of the participating products, they will credit your account with that amount. Once your accounts hits the $20 threshold, you can request a cheque to be sent to you. Pretty simple.
So I decided to try it out this past weekend!
How to use Checkout 51:
1. This program is available to anyone in Canada, except residents in Quebec (they are currently working on the ability to read receipts with French on them).
2. Currently, it is only available on the Apple iOS, so Androids and other smartphones will have to wait! Otherwise, you just download the free app on to your iPhone or iPad. Once you get the app, you can sign in using your Facebook account.
3. Check out the weekly offers. This week included items such as Philly Cream Cheese, Lean Cuisine, Ragu Pasta sauce, and Tazo tea, amongst other items. As luck would have it, some of the items were on sale this week at Superstore as well according to their flyer, so I picked up the Natural meats, Sunlight Dishwashing Liquid, Lays potato chips, and the Gold Seal Tuna.
4. Once you make the purchase, you upload your receipt. It is pretty straightforward; line up the edges, and make sure you take pictures of the WHOLE receipt. I had to take a couple pictures; its sort of like lining up a panoramic picture on your camera.
5. With the receipt uploaded, you choose the items that you purchased. It is good to note that you are eligible for 1 of each cash back offer per member, and you can only use the receipt once. If you want to purchase more quantities, you will need another membership in your household (another iPhone or iPad).
6. Once your products are selected, you submit the receipt. You will receive an email once you submit your purchase and receipt, and another email once the request has been approved.
My request was approved within minutes! The process was pretty straightforward, and I found it easy to pull up the list of offers, as well as the conditions of each one. Make sure you read the conditions carefully! Things to watch out for are the required sizes, as well as specific flavours if stated.
I now have a balance of $4.00 on my account, and I didn’t have to track down coupons for them. If you are planning on purchasing the items anyways, it only takes a few minutes to redeem the cash back aspect.
Check it out and let me know what you think!