08 Feb 2013 14 Comments
Happy New Year to all those celebrating this weekend; hope the Year of the Snake brings you health and prosperity!
Check out the posts I enjoyed this week:
1. Mr. CBB posted his January “Monthly Budget Update #1.” Lots of detail, some new graphs, and mortgage-free by April. He was also nominated for Top Personal Finance Blogs of 2012, so check it out and vote!
2. Liquid had a post about how to “Leave the Wallet at Home and a Chance to Win $999.99.” Ever had your wallet stolen? Did you leave it somewhere and can’t remember where it is? Maybe you should only bring what you need! I usually just take what I plan to use that day, and a lot of times, I leave my wallet/purse at home and just throw things in my pocket. Don’t forget to enter his giveaway!
3. Jeremy over at Modest Money had a post about “Valentine’s Day Shopping On a Budget.” He had some pretty creative ideas. If you like that sort of thing. $100 giveaway on his website as well. Last year, with all your awesome support, Vix Money took 2nd place in the Top Canadian Investing Blogs. Readers, I need your help again! He is hosting the Top Canadian Finance Blogs for 2013, so check it out and VOTE!
4. The Outlier Model had a post about “Saving Money by Shopping Online.” There are always deals to be had if you look for it, and this is something I just started doing recently. Don’t forget to enter their $500 giveaway! So much free money to be had!
5. My Own Advisor had an article about “When to Transition to Owning ETFs and Stocks.” $25K is a good guideline to follow, but I have seen portfolios with less than $25K invested in ETFs.
6. Dividend Ninja’s article “Don’t Use your TFSA as a Savings Account” was another reminder of why TFSAs are so awesome! Do you have one yet?
7. Andrew Hallam had an article that made me laugh about how a “Cat Chews up Professional Stock Pickers.”
Thanks to the following blogs that mentioned Vix Money this past week; your support is greatly appreciated!
Mr. CBB’s Reading List #5
The Outlier Model Updates: Jan 24 – Feb 2
This is pretty cute!
Did you vote yet? Have a good weekend!