30 Nov 2012 10 Comments
I can’t believe Christmas is almost around the corner! Ahhh! Translation: I haven’t really started Christmas shopping yet.
Check out some great posts I read this past week.
1. Did you know that you can get Dollar Store Home Pregnancy Tests? Mr. CBB found this out after eavesdropping (come on MR. CBB, admit it! ) on his wife’s conversation. I definitely didn’t know this, and it still blows me away the kind of things you can pick up at the Dollar Store.
2. Liquid had a brainteaser over on his site called “The Missing Dollar.” Scroll down and check the comments; they were pretty entertaining!
3. Jeremy had a great post about “It’s Your Blogging Journey, You Make The Rules.” I always have to remind myself that it is okay to miss a post every now and then, especially if you get sucked into a new book. Speaking of which, anyone read John Grisham’s new book yet?
4. Mark had a great post about “Why using your nest as your sole retirement nest egg is a bad idea.” I know a lot of people don’t want to invest in the stock market because they don’t want to lose money, but I find that the fear is mainly from a lack of understanding. But the same people have no problem throwing all their money into one asset class in a specific market! That would definitely scare me more!
5. Avrom is giving away a copy of Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots over on his site. The book is definitely on my list of books to check out; who knows, I may even do a review that isn’t a couple years late!
The Boy gets credit for showing me this picture this week:
We all know this is DEFINITELY what happens! Have a good weekend!