15 Feb 2013 7 Comments
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Can’t believe its half way through the month already. For those who get to enjoy the long weekend this week, make sure you spend some quality time with your family!
These are the posts I enjoyed this week:
1. Mr. CBB had a post about “Dumpster Diving – The Top 5 Rules For Finding The Good Free Stuff.” Definitely an interesting peek into an alternative lifestyle.
2. Liquid showed his poll results of “Total Income” and did some analysis on his findings as well. It was pretty interesting, but I always take information like that with a grain of salt; must be a result from the days when reading the car forums where all these 19-year-olds out there are making 6 figures and balling.
3. James over at Free in Ten Years had a post about why you should “Reduce spending and time to financial independence.” I really liked the graph that shows you how long you have to work as a function of what your savings rate is.
4. Modest Money had a post about “Qmee – Get Paid to Search Online.” Seems pretty easy and straight forward, but I wonder what kind of information they are storing. Will you be at risk if you are doing your banking and investing with the browser? Has anyone else used this before? Oh, have you voted yet?
5. Mr. Money Mustache had a great post about the Internet Retirement Police. Basically if you are putting yourself out there, especially on the internet, there will ALWAYS be someone to take you down.
6. CF had a post about her “Grocery budget motivation #2.” They are absolutely killing it with their grocery budget, and they have such a varied menu as well.
Thanks to those who linked up to Vix Money this past week:
Mr. CBB’s “The Saturday Weekend Review February #6”
Liquid’s “Weekend Business and Blog Roundup – Feb 8”
Modest Money’s “February 10th 2013 Favourite Blog Posts”
The Outlier Model’s “Updates: Feb 3 – Feb 9”
Thanks so much for the support everyone!
I absolutely loved this week’s picture!
Happy Family Day weekend everyone!
Thanks for reading.