01 Feb 2013 12 Comments
I can’t believe it is February already! I don’t know where the time goes these days. I hope the weather warms up a bit this weekend as its been pretty dreary this past week. Oh, and I think there might be some football game or something this weekend.
Check out the posts I enjoyed this week!
1. Mr. CBB talked about Target coming up to Canada on this week’s “Grocery Game Challenge.” I’m not sure if I would sign up for the REDcard yet, but you know I will run the analysis to see if it is worth it! He was also gracious enough to host my post (er, rant) on Financial Advisors. Go check it out!
2. Liquid is kicking ass over at his blog as he reports his “Fiscal Update – Jan 2013 – New Year Bump.” His net worth graph is pretty sexy, and he’s doing pretty well using leveraging to grow it.
3. Jeremy over at Modest Money is celebrating his “One Year Blogging Anniversary.” Check out his stats for the first year; they’re VERY impressive! Congrats Jeremy!
4. CF had a post about “Being an effective public speaker” over at The Outlier Model. This is definitely something I need to work on, and she had some good tips you can try. The nursery rhymes one was definitely new to me!
5. Dividend Ninja had a post about “RRSP and TFSA Strategies You Can Take on to the Bank.” Great discussion on why you may want to MAXIMIZE your TFSA and OPTIMIZE your RRSP.
6. I loved Andrew Hallam’s “Why Make a Financial Bet Against Warren Buffett?” Index investing vs. hedge funds; which side is Mr. Buffett on??
7. James had a comprehensive post about “100 cheap hobbies – spend time not money.” If you’re feeling a bit blah and bored these days, check out his post. I’m sure you can find SOMETHING you can try!
8. Glen over at Monster Piggy Bank had a post about “How Much Does It Cost to Have a Baby?” I have a couple friends who at this point in their lives, so they may find it interesting to see what this new father has to say!
Thanks to those who linked up to Vix Money over the past week; I really appreciate the support!
Mr. CBB’s Weekly Reading List
Modest Money’s End of January 2013 Favourite Blog Posts
The Outlier Model’s Updates: January 20 – 26
Credit Talk’s “Equifax vs. Transunion”
This always works for me!
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend; Go Niners!