04 Jan 2013 10 Comments
Happy New Year! I am slowly getting back into the swing of things, but I have been keeping up with my readings. Check out what I’ve read these past few weeks:
1. Mr. CBB had his December 2013 Monthly Budget Update over on Canadian Budget Binder. I like how he has projected expenses as a set amount he puts aside for his bills that come up; definitely helps you prepare for the bigger expenses that occur once or twice a year. It still blows me away that he managed to save almost $280 on coupons!! Definitely something I will have to learn more about this year.
2. Liquid bought himself a farm! He has been hinting about this since the summer, and I was pretty excited for him that it has finally gone through. Check out his post about “My New Saskatchewan Farm.” Definitely something I will follow closely as I have always wanted to own land, but have never really sat down and figured out how I would go about doing it.
3. Modest Money had a post about “How Being Responsible and Managing Finances go Hand in Hand.” I always find the story behind the lessons pretty interesting. Have you ever been in a situation where you were down to $0 in your bank accounts?
4. My Own Advisor had some good info on the increases you will see on your paycheques in regards to CPP and EI premiums increasing. Check out “With a New Year comes hits to your wallet.”
5. Dividend Ninja had “The Ninja’s Year in Review:2012” which was an interesting recap of all the big business stories from the past year.
6. “When Life Throws you a Curveball..” was a post about the lessons Young has learned from her recent break-up from her long-term boyfriend. Definitely some good reminders with my own relationship!
Have a good weekend!