09 Nov 2012 6 Comments
With all the excitement from Halloween and the elections this past week, Remembrance Day kind of sneaks up on you, hey? Spend some time remembering this Sunday.
On with the links:
1. Mr. CBB posted his “October 2012 CBB Family Budget Update.” Very thorough, and it is interesting to see what different household budgets are like. If you are a Rogers customer, it might be a good idea to check your bill!
2. Liquid had a post about “Beauty Discrimination.” Would you consider going under the knife if you knew it would likely increase your earning potential? It is something I never considered before, but he definitely made some interesting points.
3. Mark over at My Own Advisor is sponsoring a book giveaway, and he did a great review of Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots by David Trahair. Cash flow is the key to financial freedom! You may have a great net worth, but if the majority of it is in illiquid investments (house etc.) then you may find that you are still struggling to make ends meet.
4. Teacher Man over at Young and Thrifty wondered “Is LASIK Eye Surgery Cheaper than Glasses and Contacts?” I did this a couple years ago, and would do it again in a heart beat. The timing of the article was great, as The Boy is considering going through with it as well. If you are interested, I know LASIK’s current promotion is $0 down, $0 interest, $0 payments until 2014, but you have to book your appointment by January 20, 2013 and have the procedure on both eyes by February 28, 2013. Any readers have this procedure done? Anyone considering it?
5. Garth had a great post about “The Tax Trap.” It is good to remember that RRSPs are for TAX DEFERRAL; they are not tax free. It is good to know all your different options and which investment vehicles are best suited for certain investments.
Have a good (and SAFE) weekend!