11 Jan 2013 8 Comments
Only in Calgary could we hit a high of +6 degrees and then receive 9cm of snow all in the same day! Hope everyone is keeping warm out there!
Check out the posts I enjoyed this week:
1. Mr. CBB posted his 2012 Net Worth Update. It grew quite nicely in 2012 for them, and they listed their goals as well. Looks like a baby may be in the works.
2. Liquid had an interesting view of how you can “Profit From Your Everyday Problems.” It’s crazy how fast his passive income is growing! Nice work!
3. Modest Money had a post about how “Modest Really is the Best Policy.” It is all about priorities; minor sacrifices now may mean financial security later on.
4. My Own Advisor had his “2013 Financial predictions.” Check it out to see whether or not you agree!
5. The Outlier Model had a cool graph breaking down average annual household income by age. Note that it is based on average household incomes in America, but it is interesting to see what the numbers are.
6. Andrew Hallam had an inspiring post about “How I triumphed over bone cancer and reshaped my investing strategy.” He is a huge advocate of index investing, and I’m sure anyone, whether you are a fan of index investing or not, can learn something from his experience.
7. Iheartbudgets had a cool picture on how you can save money throughout your house. If you are looking at ways to reduce your monthly budget, check it out to see if you can pick up some ideas.
8. Young and Thrifty had a post about “Is a Costco Membership Worth It?” I do love Costco for their samples and their meats, but I also go with someone who does have a membership. I’m not sure I would pay for my own membership as I usually only go once a month or so, and it is definitely an easy place to blow your grocery budget if you are not careful.
Thanks to the following blogs for including Vix Money on their recommended readings this past week!
Have a great weekend! Keep warm and drive safe out there.